Re: make-kpkg, dpkg, dpkg-architecture

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 08:54:54PM +0930, paul@mawsonlakes.org wrote:
> I'm having difficulties with make-kpkg.
> It's throwing up 'i386-none' as the architecture with the following
> output:
>
>   dpkg: warning, architecture `i386-none' not in remapping table
>
> What's a remapping table?

The remapping table maps Debian architecture names like "alpha" or
"hurd-i386" to the proper GNU system architecture like "alpha-linux" or
"i386-gnu".  The complete list understood by dpkg is in the file "archtable"
in the source.  Something makes it that the architetcure field for the
package is set to i386-none, and you should find out what.

> dpkg-architecture shows the following:
>
> DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i386
> DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=i386
> DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux