Linux console tools and kbd

Hello.

I am the guy who is going to take over console-tools and kbd
(once I pass NM ;)).
We've been discussing with the current maintainer, Yann Dirson and
the guy that made latest NMU's, Martin Michlmayr, the way both packages
has to go.
Current proposal (by Martin and me) is to work out a "nice"[1] debconf
interface to kbd, improve it and move out console-tools since they are
no longer developed upstream by Yann.
So, I would like to ask you people to tell me what you like and what
you don't like about current console-tools and kbd, so that we would
know what to do with them, and were to go further..

[1] Actually, I don't know what "nice" means ;) but Martin used exactly
    this word :)

--
TIA, Wartan.
echo "Your stdio isn't very std."