Re: Don't know what to do!

Previously Dominik Kubla wrote:
> I am afraid i must disagree. True, Linus says the same, but that doesn't
> make it right.

It makes it right for Linux.

> Everything that interacts with the kernel interface (libc,
> quota, *fsck, ...) has to use the headers where that interface is
> declared.

No need to tell me, I've been dealing with that for years in strace
(which is even worse then others).

> Everything else is suspect: or would you like the have a
> vulnerabilty in your system because kernel defines object "foo" to have
> type "bar" while somebodies surrogate header defines it as "baz" where
> sizeof(bar) != sizeof(baz).

The kernel can't do that anyway, breaking the ABI would break lots of
userspace programs.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |