Re: Default locale

racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg (Racke)) writes:

> Thanks for the answer ! I try this out. Fonts aren't needed.
> I just thought it would make sense to set the locale for
> a software in the same way the system is configured.

I don't think it's a good idea to use environment variable setting in
this case.  People might use 'sudo apt-get install $PACKAGE', and this
inherits the current user environment settings, and does not resort to
the system defaults.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/