Re: anyone have "pan" working? or apple][ emulator

On 04 Aug 2001 11:11:15 +0000, foo wrote:
> I can't get it to download the group list. The newer Pan version works in red
> hat. Apt-get says i have the latest version-its not 0.0.5 Too many depnds
> to try an RPM

I'm tracking Debian unstable. Recently Pan 0.9.7 was removed
(uninstalled) on a dist-upgrade.

An "apt-get install pan" no longer worked because of missing
dependencies.

I resolved the problem by downloading two Ximian packages from their FTP
site:

dpkg --install --force-overwrite libgal6_0.7-ximian.2_i386.deb
dpkg --install --force-overwrite libgtkhtml9_0.9.2-ximian.2_i386.deb

Then it was possible to "apt-get install pan" again.

I suspect these problems will disappear with the next release of Pan
(the developers will probably be using newer libraries). And then I will
be able to remove/purge the Ximian packages.

Regards,
Adam