Question about Draft Resolution Proposal

On 08/02/2001 03:03:40 AM Branden Robinson wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 04:53:01PM -0600, paul cannon wrote:
>> > All Eray wants to do is make Debian better than it is.
>>
>> His primary function has in the past appeared to be noise generator.
>> Nevertheless, since I'm not part of the NM team, I can't claim credit
for
>> holding up his acceptance.
>>
>> (If it were up to me, I'd reject him and tell him why to his face, not
put
>> him into a state of eternal limbo due to personal dislike, which is what
he
>> seems to think has happened.)

I wonder if it would be fair or reasonable to vote on borderline cases?
Like a general resolution?  Or just count votes of anyone who cares enough
to post to debian-devel?  However, a democratic vote is hardly an
infalliable method of determining the "truth".

As if it matters (it doesn't), I'd vote yes on Eray, although I had a weird
flamewar going once with him, he conducted himself about as well as any
"official developer" would have, or at least better than the worst ones
have in the past, and he's done more useful activity than many other
developers (including, overall, myself).  He adds up to be a plus overall,
you've got to realize everyones got some minuses (present company
included).  He would not be the worst developer in the bunch, which is
intended as a compliment, bad as it may sound.

To end his suffering, would it be reasonable for me to propose a general
resolution, the complete text of which would be :

"Voting yes on this resolution, will require the DAM to change Eray's
status to official full developer, by providing him with an account and
adding his key to the keyring, and any other installation work that a new
maintainer process official developer gets.  This resolution is provided to
work around some issues with the official new maintainer process in this
individual case."