Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

Le lun, jui 30, 2001, à 11:48:53 +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA a écrit:

> And please note, though Japanese people (I cannot say about other
> people) know 26 alphabets very well, they don't know about how many
> types of diacritics for Latin scripts.  Such diacritics are less
> popular than Greek characters.

It's fair enough, in certain Western European countries, most people know
about the diacritics used in their language but will be strictly ignorant of
how they are used in other languages (and I'm not even speaking about how
the same diacritic applied on the same letter can have very different
meanings across the very same river, so guess what happens when you put a
couple thousands kilometres) (eg: ü (\"u) in German, French, and
Catalan(IIRC)).

	-- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.