Re: Libtool problem with alsa cvs and debian unstable

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 09:38:10AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     rob> Hi When I try to compile alsa-lib from cvs, I get the
>     rob> following:
>
>     rob> make[2]: Entering directory
>     rob> `/home/robbie/src/system/alsa/alsa-lib/src/control' /bin/sh
>     rob> ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
>     rob> -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -O2 -Wall -W -pipe -g
>     rob> -c cards.c libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match
>     rob> ltmain.sh version `1.3.3' Fatal configuration error.  See the
>     rob> libtool docs for more information.  make[2]: *** [cards.lo]
>     rob> Error 1
>
>     rob> The version of libtool installed is 1.4-1.
>
> The installed version of libtool is irrelevant (unless you or the
> package updated the source code with libtoolize).

autoconf/aclocal, in fact, is often enough to add a dependency on the
same version of libtool.

Running libtoolize --force will almost certainly fix the problem
(barring some libtool bugs that I believe have been bandied about
lately involving autoconf 2.50).