Re: DFSG-compatible alternative to xfonts-scalable-nonfree?

>> "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins@videotron.ca> writes:

 > I'm working on packages for SGI's OpenInventor.  This software uses
 > the truetype fonts that come in the xfree86 distribution.
 > Unfortunately, it uses the very ones (Courier, Lucidux, and Utopia)
 > that are REMOVED from the Debian xfonts-scalable package due to
 > nonfree licensing :-(

 Courier is included.  Lucidux and Utopia aren't.  Utopia looks *a bit*
 like New Century Schoolbook, IIRC.  Have you tried just replacing the
 fonts with standard ones (Courier, Helvetica, Times Roman)?  Little
 problem: none of these are truetype fonts.  There's an installer for
 the MS TrueType Core Fonts for the Web, and that includes a monospaced,
 a serif and a sans-serif font.  AFAIR, the fonts are not *required*.
 It would be nice if the issue gets fixed, but I wouldn't call it
 critical.

--
Marcelo             | "All bastards are bastards, but some bastards is
mmagallo@debian.org | *bastards*."