Close-ITP: mplayer

close 106735
thanks

Hi,

Sorry to say but I have to close my ITP on mplayer, the cool DivX,
DVD, MPEG(1|2) and ASF player for Linux. Mainly because I was too
impulsive on filing the ITP in the first place. I didn't investigate
enough about licenses, patenting and non-free / close-source'd-ness of
the player.

I still want to try to get mplayer in Debian, but I expect it to take a
long time to work out all these problems with all parties involved.

In the mean time, be sure to check it out, because it really is a cool
player and works best of all players i've seen so far!

Thanks for all your replies that made me realise i'd better not package
it right away :)

Regards,
Sander.