Re: sendmail and/or listar oddities

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Bill West wrote:

> Don't know which upgrade caused it and I've done everything I know of to fix
> it but my listar mailing lists ceased working about 3 days ago. All other
> mail seems to be coming in alright and only the list mail is broke.
> Get the following errors that show up in my mail logs.

The log shows that listar is causing the failure - it is telling sendmail
that the message couldn't be delivered

> Jul 26 12:58:41 synergy sm-mta[1348]: f6QHvfIO001346:
> to="|/usr/lib/listar/lista r -s test", ctladdr=<test@mail.red-raiders.com>
> (1/0), delay=00:01:00, xdelay=00
> :01:00, mailer=prog, pri=30424, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: prog mailer
> (/bin/sh) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL

> Jul 26 12:58:49 synergy sm-mta[1351]:
> f6QHwnIO001351: root@synergy.red-raiders.com [192.168.1.2] (may be forged)
> did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connec tion to MTA

> Jul 26 12:59:19
> synergy sm-mta[1355]: f6QHxJIO001355: root@synergy.red-raiders.com
> [192.168.1.2] (may be forged) did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during
> connec tion to MTA

Hopefully listar has some kind of log wherein you can check for a
corresponding error message

> Totally redone sendmail (too many times to count) and
> reinstalled/reconfigured both numerous times. I'm thinking that I am missing
> something obvious but no idea what now.

The second two log entries are curious, are you running IPV6 ?

--
Rick Nelson
'Mounten' wird fuer drei Dinge benutzt: 'Aufsitzen' auf Pferde, 'einklinken'