Re: Outdated GNU config (config.{sub,guess}) and autotools-dev

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 12:20:40PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> If there is no versioned build-depends, then the newest has to be installed on
> the building machine.  I don't know if that is defined, but it seems like the
> only sane way to handle it.

It's not defined that way, and the tools that check build dependencies have
no way to know what the newest version is.  It's the opposite, if the
build dependency is not versioned then any version will do.  That's a
feature, since it allows packages to be built for older releases.

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.