Upgrading PGP key to GPG key

I've looked at the document that comes with debian-keyring.  It says
to run the command:

  gpg --load-extension rsa \
      --load-extension idea \
      --secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp \
      --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp \
      --default-key 2EAE5D2D --sign-key FBCF8BFD

There are a couple of oddities.  First, it reports an error about
This, though, it not expected since gpg reports that IDEA is already
supported  (gpg --version).  That isn't the real problem, though.

Now that I've signed my gpg key, what do I do to properly upgrade my
key in the database?  I'm concerned because when I check the key:

  elf@florence ~ > gpg --verbose --list-key singer
  pub  1024D/2EAE5D2D 1998-12-06 Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  sig        2EAE5D2D 2001-07-23  Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  sig        FBCF8BFD 2001-07-23  [User id not found]
  uid                            Marc Singer <elf@debian.org>
  sig        2EAE5D2D 2001-07-23  Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  sig        FBCF8BFD 2001-07-23  [User id not found]
  sub  1024g/D9531294 1998-12-06
  sig        2EAE5D2D 1998-12-06  Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>

There are missing userid, of course.  From the --edit-keys menu, I'm
told that:

  Command> check
  uid  Marc Singer <elf@debian.org>
  sig!       2EAE5D2D 2001-07-23   [self-signature]
  uid  Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  sig!       2EAE5D2D 2001-07-23   [self-signature]
  2 signatures not checked due to missing keys

I hesitate to replace my pgp key until I know that it won't disrupt
the status of anything I've already uploaded.

TIA.