Re: Press Release

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 08:37:35PM -0700, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> Out of curiosity, has SPI ever collected a fee under the terms of the
> Debian mailing list advertising policy? [0]

Somebody asks this question almost every time a spam reaches this list,
but nobody's every provided a positive answer.  It seems to me that the
policy is more to scare aware respectable potential spammers.  I don't
know that such spammers exist, though.  Part of the problem is that most
spammers really can't be tracked down without a good amount of effort,
considering all the forged headers and such.  Most of us would rather
direct our energy to more exceting pursuits.

noah