Re: Oracle 8.1.6, 8.1.7 on Debian

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 09:55:48AM -0700, C. R. Oldham wrote:
> BTW I would really like to see Debian become one of Oracle's supported
> distros, does anyone know if that will ever happen?

Bug oracle about it, not debian.

If oracle wants, they can approach any debian developer of their liking
with a request for help at packaging their product for debian.  They can
even setup their own copy of the bts, dedicated to their stuff.  If they
split up each of their products into subpackages, they can even setup an
apt-gettable archive with updates for minor components.

It's up to them, really.  Go tell them what their customers like to have.

Cheers,

Joost