Re: Do we need a new Lintian maintainer ?

On 01-07-19 Jérôme Marant wrote:
>   It has been a while since lintian has been updated and it seems
>   that Sean (shaleh) has not more time to work on it (Sean, can you
>   confirm?).

According to my knowledge he was also working on a new lintian2 written
in python. I don't know what the current status is, since I haven't
checked the cvs. But I think I'll take a look at it and see if I can
help a bit with the development of the new lintian.

>   Lintian is one of the most important tools in Debian allowing us
>   to check if our packages follow the latest version of the policy
>   That's why one must ensure that lintian is always up-to-date.

How many open bug reports do we have currently against lintian? Can you
summarize how many open important,serious,grave and normal bugs it has?

Christian
--
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
        [There is no great genius without some touch of madness.]