Re: nogroup or nobody ?

On 01-07-17 Joey Hess wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
> > since I just had to fix pinfo to use again nogroup instead of nobody, I
> > wondered which one we want to use in debian. The LSB states that we
> > should use nobody and according to my knowledge the BSDs also use
> > nobody. We are using currently nogroup. Would it be possible to change
> > this to nobody soon or should we stay with nogroup really?

> It is currently policy to use nogroup. If you think debian should switch
> to the (gramatically incorrect) nobody group, post a policy change

Do we care about grammar more then being LSB-compliant and using the
same names/groups as other Linux oder BSD?

> proposal and a transition plan.

Well, I'll maybe do that, but first I want to ensure that I'm not the
only one who would be interested in changing this name. Also I'm quite
sure that this change would only happen for unstable and so take some
time until the proposal would be considered.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)