Re: ITP: tsocks -- transparent network access through a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 01:58:06AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> um this won't work.  the shell script will run as its own process
> which means its unable to affect the environment of the parent (your
> shell).  running this script will always be a noop.
>
> you could exec a new shell at the end, but thats gross since every
> time you run it you get ya shell stacked on top.  (which means you
> will have to type logout as many times as you ran this script to
> actually logout).

sorry. I forgot to mention something:

.bashrc:
function ts () { . /usr/local/bin/tsocks $1; }

so tsocks is executed within the current shell. But I think it is
still useful. Just "ts on" or "ts off" is great for lazy guys like me :)

--
Bernhard Rieder & Nagetiere:  /""\       __    _,-""-.
   bernhard@ratte.dhs.org    / `.o\     (0)),-"    .-.'.