Re: ITP: tsocks -- transparent network access through a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

> > alabama:~$ cat tsocks
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > export LD_PRELOAD="$LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/libtsocks.so"
> >
> > exec $*
> > #EOF
> I have never used this myself, but if someone wanted more, they could always
> do something like 'tsocks bash' and get a shell in which every program they
> ran would be filtered through tsocks. They could even put something like 'exec
> tsocks bash' at the end of their ~/.bash_profile and then they'd always have
> it. (Of course this could be adapted for tcsh and xdm users.) Or am I wrong?
> This has not been tested.
>
> On second thought, for those who want it all the time, they could just put the
> LD_PRELOAD export command in their startup scripts and have an easier time. But
> my point is that no, no more is needed than this script IMHO.

These two thing do the same in that view, so both of them can be
usable. but this script can make your life easier if you would like to
`sockify' only one application from command line, like the fakeroot does.

But I asked if this script are OK, or do we need any further thing into
in, for security and handy reasons.

--
VWOL
Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org>