Re: FWD: Debian Swirl ascii-art

 On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:
 > On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 11:42:02AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
 > > >  >I find it slightly scary that that displayed in color under mutt. DOes
 > > >  >it allow arbitrary escape sequences through?
 > > > Yes, but it is not supported and is known to interfere with normal
 > > > coloring made by mutt itself.
 > >
 > > You are aware of the exploitability of passing raw escape sequences to a
 > > terminal?
 >
 > What exactly can happen?

happened once to me, in my younger days when I was still a student,
and had a file full of words of dubious politeness in my home
directory.

One of my classmates sent me a message which consisted  (more or less)
of following:

From: His Name <ANSI for go to beginning of line>From: Sysadmin's Name
Message: Come immediately to my office, reason: insulting file in
         your home directory

needless to say, I was more than a bit embarrassed (and so was the
sysadmin when I went to him and tried to explain why the file is there) :-)