Re: madison

Anthony Towns wrote:

> The SQL database isn't publically available because it's not really
> safe to do so; it's probably not all that secure, and it's almost
> certainly vulnerable to DoS attacks, that we'd really like to avoid.

I've often found myself in a situation where I wanted to know the
status of one of my packages on various archs. In this cases, I'd
prefer checking a webpage, than log into auric. packages.debian.org is
unfortunately useless for this kind of query.

So either put madison behind CGI glue, or provide static pages
regenerated daily. Lacking CGI capability, I just wrote a small script
that does the latter. Results for today are temporarily available
under <URL:http://auric.debian.org/~robbe/tmp/PACKAGENAME> Do people
find this useful?

If yes, I could optimize this a bit, and cron it.

> It also isn't particularly necessary or useful to non-developers.

Not every maintainer has an auric account.

--
Robbe