Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

On 11-Jul-01, 21:13 (CDT), Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
> tytso@mit.edu wrote:
> Dselect makes it quite easy to do this. After all, that is exactly what
> it was designed to do.
>
> > (i.e., I just want to
> > install one package; why should I have to wade through thousands and
> > thousands of packages to find it?)
>
> Dselect supports vi/less style searching on package name, FWIW.

And aptitude now supports searching/limiting on name, description, etc.
For those dselect fans (like myself) who may have tried aptitude in
the past and found it frustratingly limited, you might want to try the
current version. I'd tried aptitude previously, and reverted to dselect
after a couple of passes. I've been using aptitude only for the last
several days, and haven't felt a need to go back, and been pleased with
some the additional features.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read