Re: Virtual Hosting and the FHS

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:29:34PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> this would be site-specific policy, not really debian policy.
> [...]
> e.g. because all vhosts are set up according to my policy, i only have
> to edit one line in one config file and run "make" to create or change
> any virtual host...a tedious job now takes only a few seconds with
> almost all chances for operator-error eliminated.

the fact that this is really site policy rather than debian policy
is one of the main reasons i haven't packaged my vhosting system for
debian. it's on my TODO list, but i haven't had time to figure out how
to reconcile it with debian policy.

mostly it fits, but it makes a few assumptions which may not be
appropriate for all systems.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>