Re: FWD: Debian Swirl ascii-art (coloured using termcap)

Hi

New version using tput is at:
http://people.debian.org/~arthur/debian-issue.sh

Marcus Brinkmann schrieb:
> The use of setterm is Linux specific and unportable.  POSIX defines tput for
> this purpose, please use that instead.  Even with that, the exact behaviour
> is unspecified, but at least it will work on more systems than just Linux.

With tput this even works in rxvt, setterm didn't do that. Good
that I used variables for the strings ;).

> (Like, you might have guessed that already, the Hurd :)

Hmm, got to try that again ... looks like a nice place to learn
C++ ;)

ciao, 2ri
--
twoflower:~# restarting braind....
twoflower:~# /usr/lib/intelligence not found. core dumped.