Re: Should you use dietlibc for installation and rescue disks?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 12:42:32PM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> It seems, that Mandrake Linux is going to use dietlibc:
>
> http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/mandrakesoft.txt
>
> Here is a homepage of dietlibc:
>
> http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/

I don't have any clueful things to say about if we should use it on the
Debian GNU/Linux install and rescue systems or not.  But this library will
definitely not do the job for Debian GNU/Hurd.  Also, maintaining and
testing another C library is more work than sticking with one (al other
factors excluded).  It might be easier to have the same library (glibc)
for both, or different ones, depending on how hard it is for Debian
GNU/Linux to cope with glibc.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de