Re: installing glibc 2.1.x and 2.2.x in parallel?

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 15:37, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Russell Coker wrote:
> > Why not just use a chroot environment for running that application?
>
> Because I still need access to the real root filesystem for this
> application. But its a nice idea.

If running a 2.4.x kernel you can use the --bind option to mount to give
you access to any directories you need under the chroot.

If running an earlier kernel you can use local NFS mounts to get the same
result.

I've got a machine setup with three separate chroot environments with
complete copies of Debian installed for mutually incompatible sets of
Apache modules and they all have the same web space through --bind
mounts, it works fine for me.