What is the "right" tool for creating/maintaining man pages?

I currently writing a couple of utilities that need man pages.
And I'd like them to have info documentation as well. And I'd
like to make the documentation quite readable by a HTML browser
as well (goes on the web site to encourage downloads).

The *last* thing I want to do is to maintain 3 sets of
documentation. So I have visions of maintaing something that can
be converted into man, info & html in an automated manner. And
still look decent in all 3.

The little bit of browsing I did suggested SGML. But lots of
other people must have been through the motions already (read:
you!) - I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Are there other
(better) options? Pitfalls?

I'm willing to RTFM, so a gentle pointer to the FM should be
sufficient :-)

PS: Please don't CC me on replies as I am subscribed already.
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com