Re: [FHS] /usr/info

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Joey Hess wrote:
> > (I'm assuming base-files should be responsible for moving it since it
> > installs the stub.)
>
> Or dpkg since that contains install-info to manipulate it. dpkg has not
> moved it before since not all versions of emacs could deal with dir
> in /usr/share/info at the time.

Yes, I expect install-info to do that.

To help it, base-files (since 2.1.16) will not create a dir file in
/usr/info if there is already one at /usr/share/info.

I suggest that the dpkg containing an install-info which does the move
has a Depends: base-files (>= 2.1.16) to prevent a disaster when uprading
from slink to woody.