Re: LSB

Previously Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> the .deb format allows for a lot more relationships between packages,
> which makes it far better. Whether or not there is a policy does not
> change anything in this; if RedHat would have a good policy, they're still
> stuck with bad dependencies...

True, we have recommends and suggests which make things a lot better.

<rant>Unfortunately with people using apt-get all the time that great
feature is being ignored by most people. Oh well, their loss if their
system breaks on an upgrade :)</rant>

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |