Re: LSB bastards

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 08:52:54PM +1000, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > and (last time I looked) lacked things ways to make LSB complaint
> > packages which need a web browser or OpenGL or something installed that
> > you can't make mandatory for all systems..
>
> LSB compliant packages can be dependent on other LSB compliant apps
> being installed.

That still doesn't help in terms of something like an OpenGL driver which
isn't something that a vendor will just provide and expect to work.  It
takes a fair bit of work to get OpenGL set up at the moment and you're not
going to be able to automate that I suspect.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@d2dc.net>                   Free software developer

Anyone who stands out in the middle of a road looks like roadkill to me.
        -- Linus Torvalds