Re: Debian 3.0 (woody) Freeze Begins

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:04:48AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

>     * Determine whether cryptographic software can be moved from
>       non-US/main to main. Ben Collins (project leader) is hustling this
>       through the appropriate avenues.
>
>       Deadline: legal advice needs to be obtained by July 21st.

Working as fast as I can. Should be doable by the 21st.

>     * Ensure the base system is releasable on all architectures:
>       this means making sure we know what packages, exactly, the base
>       system consists of on all architectures; and fixing any and all
>       release critical bugs (ie, with severities critical, grave or
>       serious) in those packages.
>
>       Deadline: base packages need to be free of RC bugs by July 21st.

Can we make base RC bugs include "important"? Arguably an "important"
bug in a base package is seen more often than a "serious" bug in an
optional, or even standard package. Just a thought, since I think that
base should be as rock solid as possible, since by definition, the rest
of the system is built on top of it, and depends on it's good working
order.

All in all, the release plans look really well thought out.

Ben