gdm *needs* to be updated

Hi all,

According to George Jirka, maintainer of gdm, a new release will be out
sometime this weekend; that will be gdm 2.2.3. Currently in unstable is gdm
2.0-0.beta4.15. A fairly serious security hole was plugged in 2.2.2.1, and
there are many, many bugs still in the queue for the Debian package:

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gdm&archive=no

Most important of these are the XDMCP problems, which have mostly been fixed
(and will finally be killed in 2.2.3).

This package is in dire need of a new maintainer, or at least an NMU. (I am
not a Debian developer, I help out with the GNOME Project.) The current
developer has been quite unresponsive.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
    "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told "I love you,"
       when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not