Re: X authentication and su (Re: changing framebuffer device owner during login)

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Francois Gouget wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 05:50:38PM -0700, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > >    My current plan is to submit a wishlist report against xbase-clients
> > > at some point during the week-end. If I get confirmation that this can
> > > go into Debian then I'll write a man page (otherwise it's just going to
> > > be me using the script so it's not worth writing a man page).
> >
> > Why not package it separately?  It seems useful in its own right.
>
>    It's not very useful if you don't have X.

That's why we have a "Depends:" header...

> And making a package for
> just one 8KB file seems a bit over the top.

Nah. It's a great program, but if you don't know you have it on your
system, you can't use it. Since there no such "sux" in upstream
xbase-clients, most people won't know they have it on their system --
unless you package it separately...

You could give it an "Enhances: xbase-clients", though.

<snip>

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson