Re: keyring.debian.org & pgp.net

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, John Goerzen wrote:
> I discovered this week that the pgp.net keyservers have a serious bug
> wherein they will horribly mangle the encryption key of any person
> whose key has multiple subkeys on it.  Mine is such a key.

I also noticed this corruption in my key, and I was quite glad when I
noticed that keyring.debian.org could handle the keys fine, AND that gnupg
could handle the corrupt key (by dropping the corrupted subkey packet when
importing).

> Conversation with the pgp.net folks indicates that this bug has been
> known since 1999 but not fixed (!)  Worse, it is extremely difficult
> to get the key back to a usable state after it has been so corrupted.

You say you managed to get yours fixed... how? I'd like to fix mine, too.

  Henrique Holschuh