/var/samba -> /var/state/samba script

Hi Eloy,

I just updated to the latest samba 2.2.0-final2, and my, what a shock I
got when the configuration script of samba moved all the contents of
/var/samba to /var/state/samba.

1. Why does it do this without asking??? Can it not be made to ask a user
about this transfer? You're probably dealing with important data shifting
the samba shares around.

2. Why does this do this in the first place? I currently have all my
shares in /var/samba, which is a separate partition that's just mounted
there. Should the shares be in /var/state/samba to conform with the
filesystem standard?

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo@leathercollection.ph
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.