Re: don't upgrade! libpam problem!

No.  Imbecility is running sid on anthing but a spare machine.

T.

Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:

Sam Hartmann uttered :

>It's libpam-modules.  A fixed deb is in incoming now.  I'm really
>
>sorry about thi; I screwed up between testing the patch and doing the
>final build and introduced a typo.  Yes, I know I suck.  I will be
>more careful in the future.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you test your "final build" ? Of a *vital* package ?? If possible at all, on a separate machine ??? Oh, my ...

This kind of *imbecility* gives some *real* arguments to tenants of commercial development. No need to FUD anybody here : this is *real* mispractice. Expect a lot of flak from the commercial development side, and don't fight it : it will have been *well* *earned*.

[ To be fair, the speed with which the bug has been fixed and 0.72-27 made available is also charcteristic of free software processes. ]

I wonder how much people have been permanently locked out of their *only* machines by this shortsightedness ... Has someone an idea on how to count them ?

>Today has not been my day

Of course not. Your day will be the day you'll be hung by the thumbs 'til the time_t counter wraps around ... ;-].

--
Emmanuel Charpentier

--
Timothy H. Keitt