Re: Kernel modules with dependencies on each other

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:45:37PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> David Z Maze <dmaze@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > However, the current Way To Do Kernel Modules, AFAICT, is to provide
> > the source in a tar file in /usr/src, and let the user unpack it where
> > they want to.  This means that, even if i2c-source is installed, the
> > lm-sensors build still can't find the header files it needs.  This is
> > somewhat poor.
>
> Just untar i2c-source in lm-sensors' rules file.

Unless you are sane enough to use dh_kpatches, in which case you are
stuffed, because you can't untar a patch. Even if you do use the patch, it
would be useless in the case of ulogd, because it needs a *patched*
netlink.h.

Daniel Stone						     <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Nuke> "can NE1 help me aim nuclear weaponz????? /MSG ME!!"