Pre-RFP: Ogle -- DVD player based on libcss
Is anybody interested in packaging Ogle? It claims to be the first DVD
player for Linux that supports DVD menus.
I don't think there are any legal problems with packaging it, since
it's based on libcss, so it doesn't contain any controversial code
>From the "Features" page:
* Supports DVD menus and navigation.
* Reads from mounted, unmounted DVDs and hard drive.
* Reads encrypted and unencrypted DVDs using libcss.
* A new MPEG2 decoder with both MMX and SUN Solaris mediaLib
* Normal X11 and XFree86 Xv display support with subpicture
* Audio and subpicture selection.
* Handles advanced subpicture commands such as fade/scroll
* Detects and uses correct aspect for movie and menus.
* Possible to play AC3 via S/PDIF with an external command.
|_) /| Richard Atterer | CS student at the Technische | GnuPG key:
| \/¯| http://atterer.net | Universität München, Germany | 0x888354F7
¯ ´` ¯