Re: traceroute /usr/bin -> /usr/sbin

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:43:34PM -0400, Brian Russo wrote:
> heh, woo, didnt realize that initial post had turned into a long flamewar,
> until i stopped by debianplanet and noticed it was in an article there..

Did you look at the poll?

current votes: (total 687)
bin -> 50.36% (346)
sbin -> 25.62% (176)

the rest of the votes went for 'i don't care it's in my $PATH'

> since it sparked such.. "debate", FYI:
> i wontfix'd it and will close it eventually,

i will personally add /usr/sbin to my path, so this will no longer
bother me =)

> rationale: consistency
> .. with the rest of the world, not some document.
> freebsd: /usr/sbin/traceroute
> osf1-4: /usr/sbin/traceroute
> netbsd: /usr/sbin/traceroute
> joe's unix: /usr/sbin/traceroute
> debian/gnu: /usr/sbin/traceroute

i checked a few too.. apparently there are only few that have traceroute
in /usr/bin, i would like to see debian leading the way at some point in
time.

Sami

--
			  -< Sami Haahtinen >-
      -[ Is it still a bug, if we have learned to live with it? ]-