Re: non-US question

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:03:30PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:59:02PM -0700, Ian Eure wrote:
> > so this is what i'm thinking:
> >
> > i log in to pandora, and compile openssh. then i stick the .debs on
> > pandora in ~/public_html.
> >
> > are there any legal issues with this?
>
> Probably: you're exporting crypto software from the US without a
> license.

Interesting: He just loggin in, so I guess he downloads the source from
there (if it isn't on Pandora already), compiles it there and leaves it
there, altough he 'works' from inside the US. Will this qualify as
exporting? The crypto code won't ever enter the US, unless he cats the
source on his terminal, no?

Michael

--
> I'll look at this too if I can get it to happen consistently.  A work-around
> is to save, then restore, as it clears out the 'scheduled-usecode' queue.
Using missing functionality to work-around a bug? Clever. n.-