Re: An ex-Windows, now-Debian newbie comments.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:58:30AM +1000, Jason Thomas wrote:
> FYI
>
> for those thinking about something like this, it uses frame buffer
> support (of course) to do what it does.

If this is the same thing as Corel uses, then it (most likely) does not -
unless Corel hacked the fb drivers.
I once tested Corel on a machine with a S3 Trio64V+ card; this card is VESA
1.3 compliant and thus not supported by fb (which requires 2.0 for vesafb, or
an explicit driver for your card). The Corel splash screen was there though.

> From what I understand you can't use framebuffer support if you use
> things like the nvida drivers.

Says who?