Re: build-conflicts and dpkg-buildpackage

#include <hallo.h>
Luis Arocha Hernández wrote on Tue Jun 19, 2001 um 01:04:48PM:

> > ii  heimdal-dev    0.3f-1         Development files for Heimdal Kerberos
> >
> AFAIK:
>    Build-Depends:    Can not build unless installed
>    Build-Conflicts:  Can not build IF     installed
>                                    ======
>
> You must uninstall heimdal-dev or change your control file. Don't you?

Read his posting again. That is exactly what he wants, but
dpkg-buildpackage does not check this tag in any way, and continues with
the build even if the conflicting package is installed, instead of
looking for alternative (or a similar action). I discovered the same
problem some hours ago, and I will report unless anyone as a bug if
nobody (joeyh?) can help here.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
"In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making
good operating systems" (Linus Torvalds, August 1997)