Re: An ex-Windows, now-Debian newbie comments.

Em Sun, 17 Jun 2001 19:58:14 -0700
Tony Godshall <tg@of.net> escreveu:

> IMHO, and perhaps this goes without saying, if this is done
> it should "joe user"  (i.e. stable) if and only if we can get
> it to the point where failure to start the graphical splash can
> reliably and automacially fall back to a plaintext startup.  It
> should not be put in stable unless it can be shown to run properly
> (i.e.  without locking up the video) with almost all video cards
> in common use, regardless of how sexy it makes Debian look.
what about asking the user when going to install the kernel?
I'm pretty sure that noone will want a splash screen for a server
but in a work station that'd be cool...

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>