Re: [devel] uninterruptible sleep processes

also sprach PiotR (on Sun, 17 Jun 2001 07:04:22AM +0200):
> Lately my mysqld deamons are falling into process status "D" (uninterruptible sleep).
> Is there a way to kill those processes?

from having suffered of that problem with other applications, i found
that the only way is a reboot. it's a flaw in the linux kernels. but
then again, does it matter to leave them there - they don't eat any
processor cycles or memory...

the better alternative - don't use mysql, use a real database...

if you don't understand or are scared by any of
the above ask your parents or an adult to help you.