Re: What's about a webfrontend to submit bugs?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:

> >> We can put in in a https and force them to log in.
>
> > Log in how? With what password?
>
> Either:
> 1. Web frontend is for developers only

I strongly oppose to that.

This might give some (clueless) users the idea that only developers can
report bugs, which is clearly not the case.

>    or
> 2. Do as all those 'My barfoo' pages do (signup, confimation email,
> login)

Have people signup to be able to report a bug? I don't think so. Besides,
I wonder how much people would trust us not sending mail they don't
want...

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson