Re: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin

According to Wouter Verhelst:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > sendmail
> >
> > why? When does a user call sendmail on the command line?
>
> When sending mail from the command line. I believe at least mail(1) does
> so, but there are numerous other MUA's that do.

Then the user doesn't call sendmail, mail(1) does. And in that case
it makes a lot of sense that sendmail is in /usr/sbin

> > And if
> > anything is hardcoded it's /usr/sbin/sendmail nowadays
>
> Actually, that's /usr/lib/sendmail.

Actually, that's /usr/sbin/sendmail. BSD has had it there for years,
and all autoconf (like) scripts I know of check /usr/sbin/sendmail,
usually even before /usr/lib/sendmail which is considered obsolete.

Mike.