Re: Perl/mrtg/etc related problem

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 02:06:12PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
>On Tuesday 12 June 2001 04:57, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
>> You have an old copy of Socket.pm floating around.  The current version
>> of the Socket module included with perl is 1.72 .

>Thanks a lot!  It seems that I had an old version hanging around that
>dpkg doesn't know about.
>
>It's funny because the old version had a date of 1999 and I've run cruft
>a few times since then and it apparently didn't find it!

This is a problem which has come up a couple of times in the past.  I
believe that the files in question are part of an old (pre-split) perl
package (probably slink era) left behind in an upgrade by dpkg.

I would strongly suggest that you run the following commands to verify
that no other cruft has been left behind which may cause further
problems:

  $ find /usr/lib/perl5 | sort -o /tmp/disk
  $ grep -h /usr/lib/perl5/ /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list | sort -uo /tmp/dpkg
  $ comm -3 /tmp/disk /tmp/dpkg

Regards,
--
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod@compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9810 3633