Packaging problem in krolden: How to solve?

Ookay. The 'zicq2krolden' script in krolden 1.2-2/1.2-3 (in the archives)
is set executable. However, nowhere in the build process nor the postinst
is this file (/usr/bin/zicq2krolden) actually SET executable. So when I
build the package (since I'm adopting) this script is never set executable.

So, what is the best way to do this? The rules file is calling dh_fixperms,
which fixes permissions and ownership on package files generally, but does
not appear to set files in the bin dirs executable. Should it?
Or, where should I place an invocation of 'chmod' in the rules file?

I suspect Dr. Guenter Bechly just had this script set executable in his
source dir, but that doesn't work for building from source packages.

-- Ferret