Re: Sponsoring, signing, etc.

[ From a thread on -mentor ]

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 12:13:35PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 05:48:46PM +0200, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:
>
> > I'm going to sponsor a guy who has already completed a package which
> > seems to be in good shape. It is my first sponsorship, and I'd like to
> > upload his package. Now the questions:
> >
> > - Should he register somewhere as a sponsored guy? (some time ago,
> > when I was sponsored before entering Debian, I remember registering in
> > some web page with a list of sponsors and sponsored people).
>
> I know of a page where folks register to FIND a sponsor.  (Look at the
> list of "projects" in the Debian Developer's Corner.)

... so I just had a look at this list and noticed that there is
at least one name on there is is _already_ a developer for several
months.  (I know, 'cause I sponsered a couple of his uploads before
that).  I would be surprised if there was only one person still
listed who no longer needs a sponsor.

Clearly, people on this list are forgetting to remove themselves,
despite the handy button to do so right on the page.

Please: if you ever signed yourself up to find a sponsor,
but no longer need one, do take a moment to visit

    http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/

and remove yourself.

Thanks,
-Steve

P.S.  I thought it would be a good idea to ping everyone still listed
on the sponsorship page periodically (say once a month) to check if
they still need a sponsor.  Is this already done, perhaps?  If not, do
debian-sponsors@internatif.org wish to do so?

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,