Bug#99949: ITP: neon - an http and WebDAV transport library
license: LGPL version 2.0 (Library GPL)
Upstream maintainer: Joe Orton <email@example.com>
- High-level interface to HTTP and WebDAV methods.
- Low-level interface to HTTP request handling, to allow implementing
new methods easily.
- Persistent connection support (HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 aware)
- Basic and digest authentication (RFC2617) (including auth-int, md5-sess)
- Proxy support (including basic/digest authentication)
- Generic WebDAV 207 XML response handling mechanism
- XML parsing using expat or libxml parser
- Easy generation of error messages from 207 error responses
- Basic HTTP/1.1 methods: GET, PUT, HEAD, OPTIONS, conditional PUT
- WebDAV resource manipulation: MOVE, COPY, DELETE, MKCOL.
- WebDAV metadata support: set and remove properties (PROPPATCH), query
any set of properties (PROPFIND).
Provides lower-level interfaces to directly implement new HTTP
methods, and higher-level interfaces so that you don't have to
worry about the lower-level stuff.
This library is used notably by the encompass web browser.